Pakistan are the two times finalist at ICC Twenty20 World Cup. They won 2009 world t20 title and were runners-up in 2007 championship. Let’s have a look at the Pakistan cricket team’s complete performance, history, records, facts and stats in ICC World Twenty20.
1. Pakistan won second edition of 20-20 world cup played in England.
2. Ahmed Shehzad is the only Pakistani cricketer who have scored century in ICC World Twenty20. He scored 111 not out against Bangladesh in 2014 tournament.
3. Kamran Akmal holds the record of most dismissals as wicket-keeper in wt20. He dismissed 30 wickets as wicket keeper.
4. Shahid Afridi is the only Pakistani player who won Man of The Series award in ICC World T20. He was player of the series in 2007.
5. Pakistan haven’t beaten arch rivals India in the history of competition.
Pakistan’s Performance year wise
|2007||Runners-up (2nd Place)|
|2009||Winner (1st Place)|
|2010||Semi-Finalist (4th Place)|
|2012||Semi-Finalist (3rd Place)|
|2014||Super-10 (5th Place)|
|2016||Super-10 (7th Place)|
Pakistan in T20 World Cup 2016
Pakistan cricket team played world t20 2016 group matches against India, Australia, New Zealand and Bangladesh. Men in Green succeed to win only one match in the competition which was against Bangladesh. India, New Zealand and Australia defeated Pakistan in Group-1 to knock them out from semis. Let’s have a look at the results for Pakistan in WT20 2016.
|16 March||Kolkata||Pakistan vs Bangladesh||Pakistan won by 55 runs|
|19 March||Dharamsala||Pakistan vs India||Pakistan lost by 6 wickets|
|22 March||Mohali||Pakistan vs New Zealand||Pakistan lost by 22 runs|
|25 March||Mohali||Pakistan vs Australia||Pakistan lost by 21 runs|
Shahid Afridi led the Pakistan cricket team in 2016 world t20 championship. Sharjeel Khan was the highest run scorer for Pakistan as he scored 112 runs in 4 matches.
|Shahid Afridi (Captain)||All-rounder|